Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

silicone sheet

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1silicone sheet Empty silicone sheet Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Bnk

Smoothy

Has anyone tried lining their molds with a silicone baking sheet? The silicone I bought is not stiff enough to stay straight, so I thought I would cut it and glue it to thin lucite the size of my wooden mold. Then line the mold with it. But, if someone has tried it and it doesn't work, I don't really want to bother with it Smile.

2silicone sheet Empty Re: silicone sheet Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Kellie

Kellie
Admin

I do it all the time in the bottom of my slab mold, it works very well. I am getting some new log molds made and am trying it in them tonight, I am sure it will be fine. I am going to cut them to fit and duct tape them together with the tape facing outwards.

http://www.forgetmenotsoapshop.com

3silicone sheet Empty Re: silicone sheet Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:37 am

Bnk

Smoothy

Thanks Kellie! I am goint to try it then. I'll let you know how it works out.

4silicone sheet Empty Re: silicone sheet Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:52 am

dreadlocklove

Foamy

Where are you ladies buying your sheets?

I think this idea would definitely be worth trying but I have a slightly different technique for achieving this in mind... I can see how to go about it in my head but I'm not able to explain with words. Once the soap kitchen is renovated (which will be soon now!), I'm going to give it a shot.

5silicone sheet Empty Re: silicone sheet Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Kellie

Kellie
Admin

I get them at dollar stores, they are thinner and seem to work better than the thicker ones.

http://www.forgetmenotsoapshop.com

6silicone sheet Empty Re: silicone sheet Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:36 am

Bnk

Smoothy

I got mine from a kitchen supply store.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum