Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salt scrub or sugar scrub??

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salt scrub or sugar scrub?? Empty Salt scrub or sugar scrub?? Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:06 am

Bnk

Smoothy

I have been wanting to make a new sugar or salt scrub, but am leaning toward salt for the minerals. Does anyone favor one over the other? I planned on using sweet almond oil for the lightness, but any other suggestions from those who have tried other oils already would be greatly appreciated Smile.

2Salt scrub or sugar scrub?? Empty Re: Salt scrub or sugar scrub?? Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:12 am

BeachBabiesBath

BeachBabiesBath
Admin

I personally like sugar because it does not sting after shaving or being in the sun. However, I do like the salt scrubs too. I just think the sugar ones are more gentle to the skin.
I use sweet almond oil, but also use soybean oil. I like the soybean because it is a bit more moisturizing and it is cheaper. And I do not have issues with it making my shower slippery even though it is a bit heavier. Considering this is a wash off product, the soybean is more economical. In fact, I am using soybean alot more in products that are wash off.
I also like an emulsified scrub better than one that is not. It does not melt as much in the summer. It will and can seperate even though it is emulsified, so look out for that. HTH!

This is from swiftcraftmonkeys blog:

Soy bean oil - light weight, medium comedogenity
Good carrier oil with 60% unsaturated fatty acids. A source of Vitamin E. (As this is a very low cost oil, consider this as the backbone of a lotion bar or other oil based product).
Shelf life: 6 to 9 months

http://www.beachbabiesbath.com

3Salt scrub or sugar scrub?? Empty Re: Salt scrub or sugar scrub?? Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:25 am

Bnk

Smoothy

Thanks Billie! I didn't even think about soybean...that is great to know Smile

4Salt scrub or sugar scrub?? Empty Re: Salt scrub or sugar scrub?? Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:42 am

Kellie

Kellie
Admin

I favor sugar over salt too.

http://www.forgetmenotsoapshop.com

5Salt scrub or sugar scrub?? Empty Re: Salt scrub or sugar scrub?? Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Sparkles

Foamy

I would go with sugar as well because of the stinging issue.

Billie, thanks for the info on the soybean. I think I'll try it sometime in my sugar scrub cubes.

6Salt scrub or sugar scrub?? Empty Re: Salt scrub or sugar scrub?? Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Bnk

Smoothy

Thanks everyone Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum